Friday, December 7, 2012

the gift of Coco Madalena

Coco sleeping

7 years ago today I was in the hospital. I had been there for days trying to not deliver a baby.  But December 7, 2005 was the day that Coco Madalena was born. Now years later from that date I still remember how precious she was and that for every day of her short life she was loved. We do not/can not have that same intensity in our mundane lives to see the precious as clearly as we do in crisis - but we can try. And that is why I love the saying Carpe Diem - seize the day - do not put off saying or doing the loving things that we should. Follow your impulse to say the quiet things out loud, to do the kindnesses that make this life sweeter - you, me, we, they are all precious. Our lives are a miracle. To live is a miracle. These are all gifts from God. So as I remember this special day for me, I pray that you seize the day and say the things we should say and do the things we should do. Because I for one know life is short and precious and I pray I will live my one wild, precious life well. God is good. Carpe diem. 


No comments: